7/03/2014

3 Years Ago Today

My life was forever changed. I woke up at a hotel room in Indiana and my leg and hip hurt so bad I could barely walk. Long story short, I had a 8 inch blood clot.  

Fast forward to today. 

Going through a life changing emergency like that does change you.  It gives you a new perspective on life. I realize that I don't have to compare my life to anyone else's. I have life and that's enough. I have five children then I get to raise. My husband doesn't have to depend on somebody else to help him raise the children,it's me. I get that privilege. And I'm so thankful for it. No my children aren't perfect, they weren't born perfect. They'll never be perfect, but they're mine. I get to be my husband's wife. He's not perfect either, but then again neither am I, and I'm so thankful for that opportunity. 

Our daughter Chloe was diagnosed with epilepsy this year.  I'm so thankful that we've been able to walk this journey together. With The Lord. We have hope, you see. Not as those without hope, the Bible says. We have Christ. 

So while life may take its twists and turns I am still thankful. Thankful to be alive. Thankful that all my children are able to walk and talk and breath. Maybe we have to slow down every now and then because of a seizure, but so thankful to HAVE LIFE. Enjoy your family this weekend. Be a light to someone who doesn't know THE LIGHT. Hug your kids!  Hug your husband. 

Happy Fourth of July!  Thank you to all of those who made it possible that we can enjoy freedom!


No comments: