5/07/2009

Prayer....

I have been reading in the Kings and Chronicles lately ~ per my daily Bible reading schedule (not because they interest me! :) ~ and it has been talking about how this king did that which was right in the sight of God like his Father that walked before him, and then this king did that which was wrong in the sight of God, not like his father.... And as I got to reading it seemed like so often when the father did right, the son went the other way. Got me to thinking about our own children. You can pray and teach and have Bible time and help them memorize etc. but in the end it is their decision to do right, or to do wrong. Scary, huh? Mrs. Cathy Corle has a book out on Motherhood (I forget the name, but it's pink) and in it she stresses over and over the importance of praying for your children. If you don't who will? It always convicts me. I know I have a husband who begs God to keep our children where they ought to be, but am I praying for them enough? Anyway, just a thought for today. Pray for your children! And I will pray for mine...

No comments: