1/30/2012

A Dieters Revelations:

So, I've been on this Weight Watchers diet since the beginning of January.
This is my third go at WW.
Once after each of my last 3 kiddos.
It works.  Every time.  Ha.  You actually have to do it, but it works.
I love going to the meetings and weighing in.
Well, so far I love it!  But, then again, I've lost weight every time so that helps.
Anyway, yesterday I had a "moment."
You know what I mean, right?

We had a Funday Sunday with our teen group.  Once a month, they stay after church for a couple of hours and I fix dinner, we play games, have a time of devotions, etc.
Well, I was soooo hungry at Sunday School time.
Then, I was soooo hungry at church time.
So then when I went back to the kitchen to start cooking, I was ravenous!
So, I figured I hadn't used any of my points that morning and I would just eat a cookie.  That should help.
I ate it.
Then I got my little calculator out to figure up the point value.
(Note to self:  figure out points before shoving into mouth.)

6 points in one cookie!


Of course I didn't discover this until after the cookie was gone.
And then I got to thinking about it and I didn't even enjoy the cookie.
I scarfed it!
3 or 4 bites and it was gone.
And I don't remember one moment of it.

So....fast forward a few hours.
This really began to bother me.
My lack of character.
I just eat and don't enjoy it.
I don't savor it.
I mean, if you are going to spend 6 points on a cookie, you better enjoy every bit of it!
But I hadn't.
So, I  made a bath for myself during the few minutes of afternoon we had between services.
I poured a Pepsi One into a large cup of ice.
And got a cookie.
I sat in the bathtub and savored every bite of that 6 point cookie.
I felt better about it the second time around.

Bwahahahaha!  12 points on cookies in one day.
I'm a loon.
There is always tomorrow, right?



Photobucket

No comments: