11/24/2011

Thanksgiving



I don't know about you, but it is a tradition in my family to go around the table and say what you are thankful for.
Not a generic answer either.
Be creative.
So a couple of days ago, I got the kids all hyped up and told them to be thinking about it.


And then I started thinking about it too.
What am I really thankful for?
Yes, my husband.
Yep, my kids.
Yep, my home, etc.


I started thinking back of this year and of course, the blood clot came to mind.
There were a lot of scary moments for me since July 3.
Knowing that at any moment, this clot could break loose and I would be gone.
I live with that knowledge daily.
Makes you think about a lot of things.



Well, there was a period in my life after this last hospital stay that I started wondering a couple of things.
Like, I thought about it ALL THE TIME.



One day, I was sitting on the edge of my bed, crying.
Justus came over and sat beside me.
He knows my heart.  He didn't even have to ask.
But I had a question for him that I don't think he expected.
So I figured I better just ask.
I wondered what he would do with Annaleah if I were to die.
Would he keep her?
Would he let one of our family members raise her?
I know, it wouldn't matter to me, but I just HAD to know.
He looked at me, shocked.
He said "she's our daughter, what do you mean?  I would raise her just like I would the others."
And I felt better just knowing that I guess.  She would be with her siblings.  With her Daddy.  There is peace in that.



So, this year, I can honestly say, I am so thankful that I get to be the one to raise my children.  I'm so thankful that I get to remind Chloe to brush her teeth EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  I'm so thankful that I am the one that gets to "rocky-baby" Ty-ty when he is hurt or tired.  I'm so thankful that it's me that Ben comes to and hugs when he needs a hug.  I'm so thankful that I get all of Isaacs funny lil' humor.  I'm so thankful that I get to feed my baby and change her lil' diapers.  So thankful that I get to do my husbands laundry.  Make his dinner.  It's me.  I get to be the one to meet their needs.  Thank you Lord!





Photobucket

No comments: