10/29/2013

Sleep Deprivation....

Anyone want to testify?

I really thought that I had gotten used to this no~sleep state.

Especially since my last 3 children basically slept with 

us until they were around a year and just nursed on demand.

It didn't even phase me with our last one.  

I'm a light sleeper, always have been.

But now...

Now that Chloe has had a couple of seizures...

I'm up all cotton pickin' night...

Listening...

For the sounds of a person seizing...

Which is odd because THEY DON'T MAKE ANY SOUNDS.

And so in my sleep deprived state, I remember that eventually and 

then I get up and go check on her.  

Look to make sure Annaleah is breathing (she always is, just making sure.)

Make sure Titus has covers.

Find Isaac in the bottom of his bed.

Look at Ben (I know he's alive because he snores.  Thank God.) 

Climb back in bed.

Wonder if my kitchen is clean.

"Did I make Justus' lunch?"

"Should I get up with him at 4 and make breakfast?"

"Nah, I'm tired."

"What do I need to do today?"

"Oh yeah, don't forget that."

Roll over...

back to sleep.

NO WONDER I'M SO GRUMPY!!!

1 comment:

Suanna said...

Praying for you to have some restful sleep.