1/05/2010

Treadmill....

So, here I am again with the same New Years Resolutions!  Loose weight.  Though, this time, I better get it done. 

I mentioned to my husband that I would like to have and elliptical, or a treadmill..  And, wouldn't you know, he found one.  Odd.  So, I will begin using that as soon as the key comes in the mail for it. 

Another resolution that I have ~ or rather, we all have ~ is to read our Bible every day.  I have been doing the Read your Bible through in a year for a couple of years now, but I would get behind and not read God's Word for days and then hurry to catch up.  That just doesn't feel right anymore.  There is a teenager in our youth group (she does read my blog) and she has been really working on her spiritual walk with God.  She always convicts me!  I am so thankful for God working in her life!  Anyway, she gets up at 5 am to do her "Walk with God" time knowing that if you wait, other things come up.  WOW!  I don't know too many teenagers who are that serious about God.  So, all that to say, I need to walk with God, not just to get my name on a plaque saying that I read my Bible from cover to cover, but to have Him by my side every day.
So, every evening, my hubby, me, and our two oldest sit down and read our Bibles together.  Our firstborn has read 23 chapters already and our little girl ( who is just getting into reading) has read 4 or 5.  I am so proud of them and I sure hope this gives them a great desire to walk with God early in life.


What are some of your resolutions?

No comments: