3/31/2011

My One Thousand Gifts part 1


I just began reading this book 2 days ago and already I am setting out on a 
journey.
A journey of Thankfulness.

There are so many quotes, and life-changing lessons, but I will start with this quote by Mark Buchanan:

"Being in a hurry.  
Getting to the next thing without fully entering the thing in front of me.
I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry.  
But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing....
Through all that haste I thought I was making up time.
It turns out I was throwing it away."

Wow.  Such powerful words.  
I wonder what precious memories, what precious moments I have thrown away while hurrying to 
finish dinner, or clean the kitchen, or get out the door to get to Target!

And so begins my Thankful Journal. 
One thousand things...


1.  Army men on their noble steed standing guard even hours after their Master has gone downstairs for school.



2.  Ty's "kiki" left laying in his bed ~ just how he left it.
Warm and snuggly.
Just like him.


"It's not the gifts that fulfill, but the holiness of the space."

No comments: